[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Haskell bindings for the igraph C library

George Giorgidze giorgidze at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:20:20 CET 2013

Hi Jason,

> How does this compare with fgl? http://hackage.haskell.org/package/fgl

A couple of months ago, I was working on a project where I had to do
some graph analysis. I encountered two problems with the fgl library:

(1) The fgl library did not work for large graphs, even graph
construction would fail with stack overflow.

(2) The fgl library did not provide the graph algorithms needed in the
project: closeness centrality, Brandes betweenness centrality,
eigenvector centrality, pagerank and some more.

The igraph library featured all functions that I needed and also
worked for large graphs without problems. I was also very pleased with
its performance and started writing Haskell bindings to igraph.

Cheers, George