[Haskell-cafe] hxt pickling question

briand at aracnet.com briand at aracnet.com
Fri Jan 25 05:19:20 CET 2013

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:05:15 +0100
Erik Hesselink <hesselink at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's showPickled [0] and unpickleDoc [1], maybe those help?

Thank you , they help a lot :-)  I was stuck looking in Text.XML.HXT.Arrow.Pickle for the answer and got lost trying to decipher IOStateArrow s a XmlTree and runX.

It's odd that there does not seem to be a way to use the example so that a tree can be written directly to a file.

  xpickleDocument :: PU a -> SysConfigList -> String -> IOStateArrow s a XmlTreeSource

  store an arbitray value in a persistent XML document

Except there doesn't seem to be a way to pass that value into xpickleDocument without reading a document first using xunpickleDocument.

Thanks again.

Brian