[Haskell-cafe] Where did the Cabal manual go?

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Jan 27 16:07:57 CET 2013

I'm not able to access the cabal manual today: links to my local copy and
links to the copy at haskell.org result in a 404.

I'm running the Haskell Platform, 2012.4.0.0, 64-bit, OS X 10.8.2.  On my
first attempt this morning, I loaded file:///Library/Haskell/doc/start.html
in my browser and clicked on the "Cabal" link.  The browser can't find
file:///Library/Haskell/doc/ghc-doc/Cabal/index.html, and indeed the
directory /Library/Haskell/doc/ghc-doc/Cabal doesn't exist.

Ok, I think, so my local copy's gotten corrupted.  One "sudo
/Library/Haskell/bin/uninstall-hs --remove thru 7.4.2" and reinstall later,
I try again; no change.  I also can't find any docs by doing
  find /Library/Haskell -iname \*cabal\*
  find /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework -iname \*cabal\*
either.

I also get a 404 when I click on the "Cabal" link from
<http://lambda.haskell.org/platform/doc/current/start.html>.

I can probably recover a copy from system backups, but what's going on?

Richard