[Haskell-cafe] Most used functions in hackage

Casey Basichis caseybasichis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:23:34 CET 2013

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for the links.  I've been through the 24 Days of Hackage, but I
think its time to run through them again now that I'm a little more
familiar with everything.

Why do you think browsing function by function is a bad idea?  It seems
that knowing exactly what the most used functions are would be an extremely
effective way of finding both which parts of the Prelude and Hackage are
most broadly useful (instead of browsing them like a phonebook) and also
finding support from the community as the most commonly used functions
would likely be the easiest to find support for.

I guess what I'm looking for doesn't exist, which is what it is.  I'm just
interested in why it's not an ideal way to take in Haskell, starting with
the common and moving to the to rare.

Thanks,
Casey

--