[Haskell-cafe] Ticking time bomb

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Jan 30 20:58:09 CET 2013

HTTPS doesn't really change anything if the server is compromised, it only
prevents bad things from happening in transit.

Sign the packages with GPG (or equivalent) before upload. The server never
sees the package author's private key, only the public key. Server and/or
client can warn or fail if the public key doesn't match their previous
credentials or the signature verification fails.