[Haskell-cafe] cabal-dev: installing/running with profiling enabled

Ömer Sinan Ağacan omeragacan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 23:34:18 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I want to profile a Haskell program. I have tons of libraries
installed without profiling enabled, and some of them are installed
with my Linux distribution's package mangaer.

So I tried installing the program in a fresh cabal-dev environment
with profiling enabled, so that all dependencies would be also
installed with profiling enabled. But for some reason even after
installing with `cabal-dev install --enable-executable-profiling
-prof` I still can't run this program with `caba-dev/bin/program +RTS
-p`, it fails with 'program: the flag -p requires the program to be
built with -prof'.

Can anyone help me on installing/running in cabal-dev with profiling enabled?

---
Ömer Sinan Ağacan
http://osa1.net