[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] thirdake-0.1 the Makefile-like DSL

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 13:07:01 CEST 2013

Hi, cafe.

Neil Mitchell mentioned more than ten build systems written in Haskell in his
paper [1]. The list includes shake (of cause) Abba, Coadjuke, hake, hmk, and
even two cakes.

I'm glad to announce the thirdcake - a DSL for make language. Thirdcake allows
user to produce clean and safe (I hope) Makefiles for the good old GNU make.

The package is in it's early stages and is not on Hackage yet. Consider visiting

  https://github.com/grwlf/cake3

or just

  git clone https://github.com/grwlf/cake3

./Example/Foo contains working toy-project demonstrating the approach.

Regards,
Sergey

[1] - http://community.haskell.org/~ndm/downloads/paper-shake_before_building-10_sep_2012.pdf

PS
My English is still buggy, feel free to patch the grammar as well as the rest