[Haskell-cafe] Haddock GSOC project progress

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Wed Jul 31 10:16:18 CEST 2013

Hi Roman,

> However, the decision to use Attoparsec (instead of Parsec, say)
> strikes me as a bit odd, as it wasn't intended for parsing source
> code. In particular, I'm concerned with error messages this parser
> would produce.

In addition to what Mateusz already said, I want to briefly summarize my
justification for using Attoparsec:

 * Attoparsec's backtracking behavior is much easier to work with than
   Parsec's

 * There is no such thing as a parse error in Markdown, and I think we
   should try to make this true for Haddock markup, too

Cheers,
Simon