[Haskell-cafe] Announce: Leksah 0.13.2.0 (still a bit experimental)

Hamish Mackenzie hamish.k.mackenzie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 07:45:59 CET 2013

I am not able to reproduce this on my Ubuntu 12.10 VM.

What version of GHC are you using?
Do you have anything in your ~/.ghci file?
What command are you running?
Does putStrLn "Hello World" work?
What is the active .cabal project?

The GHCi interface is sensitive to changes in the way GHCi formats it output, so it is a bit fragile.   Some things that will currently break it are...
 * Anything that tries to read input on stdin
 * :set prompt (Leksah uses the prompt to detect when the output finishes)

I added some tests a while back to try to catch issues running GHCi.  Can you please try this...

cd leksah/vendor/leksah-server
cabal install --enable-tests --force-reinstall

You should see this near the end...

Running 1 test suites...
Test suite test-tool: RUNNING...
Test suite test-tool: PASS
Test suite logged to: dist/test/leksah-server-0.13.0.0-test-tool.log
1 of 1 test suites (1 of 1 test cases) passed.

Thanks,
Hamish