[Haskell-cafe] Optimization flag changing result of code execution

Azeem -ul-Hasan azeeem at live.com
Sat Mar 16 09:46:54 CET 2013

Hi Carter,

     Thank you for your help, but I can confirm that this is not due to floating point errors. My own hunch is that it is due to the way I am using random number generation from System.Random.MWC. To check it I wrote a version of mkNetwork function using random number generation from System.Random and it works fine with optimizations turned on. So any ideas why optimizations are messing with System.Random.MWC?

Azeem