[Haskell-cafe] ANN: pdf-toolbox

Yuras Shumovich shumovichy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 20:22:57 CET 2013

Hello,

I have uploaded the first release of my pdf toolbox, a collection of
tools for processing PDF files. It supports both parsing and generating
of pdf files.

It consists of two libraries:
  - core ( http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pdf-toolbox-core )
contains low level tools.
  - document ( http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pdf-toolbox-document )
contains pretty limited set of middle level tools.

(Also there is the 3d library, pdf-toolbox-content. It contains tools
for processing pdf page content, e.g. text extraction. It is not
released yet, but you can find it on github.)

The initial plan was to create higher level tools before releasing on
hackage, but I found it hard to design good high level API without wide
rage on use cases. So I decided to release it earlier in order to
receive feedback.

You can find few examples here:
https://github.com/Yuras/pdf-toolbox/tree/master/examples

Thanks,