[Haskell-cafe] Install wx on Windows XP

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Tue Mar 26 19:35:22 CET 2013

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:58:18 +0100, Eric Wong <wsysdu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Haskellers,
>
> I'm trying to install wxHaskell on Windows XP. I have already installed
> Haskell Platform 2012.04.0.0, MinGW and wxWidgets. When I try to install
> wx, I got the following error when cabal is installing wxcore:
:
:
> It looks like it's confused by the spaces in the path and can't find the
> wxc.h file. I tried to configure cabal to install all user packages into
> a simpler directory. But cabal always install to the C:\Documents and
> Settings\Administrator\Application Data\cabal directory no matter how I
> change the config file there.
> Anyone knows how to fix this problem or change cabal directory on
> Windows? Thanks.

The best way to do this, is to download from
   https://github.com/atzedijkstra/wxHaskell
. (This is the most up to date repository online.) Then replace the
wxcore\Setup.hs file with the one attached to this e-mail (this has not
been tested on non-Windows platforms). Install all wxHaskell packages from
this repository, in the following order:
   wxdirect
   wxc
   wxcore
   wx