[Haskell-cafe] [extension]syntactic sugar for maps

Răzvan Rotaru razvan.rotaru at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 20:30:15 CET 2013

Hi,

I am terribly missing some syntactic sugar for maps (associative data
structures) in Haskell. I find myself using them more than any other data
structure, and I think there is no big deal in adding some sugar for this
to the language. I could not find out whether such an extension is beeing
discussed. If not, I would like to propose and extension. Any help and
suggestions are very welcome here. Thanks.

Also related to the topic:

1/ Is there a list of proposals for extensions to Haskell that has
currently been accepted in the new standard? I have not found one on
Haskell' (
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=state),
but it looks outdated. No mentions to the new standard!

2/ I have seen somewhere a statement that a new language standard will be
published yearly. Didn't happen until now. Is there even a new standard on
the way?

Cheers,
Răzvan