[Haskell-cafe] [extension]syntactic sugar for maps

Tikhon Jelvis tikhon at jelv.is
Wed Mar 27 20:54:29 CET 2013

I'm genuinely curious as to how you use maps. I've found I use them far
less in Haskell than in any other language: I only use them in select
circumstances. And most of those uses would not benefit from a mayo literal.

I suspect that many of the uses of map literals are better replaced with
something like a record. This has the advantage of being static and more
type safe. However, this is only based on my own use cases, so it's hard to
generalize.