[Haskell-cafe] introducing Maybe at managing level

luc taesch luc.taesch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 17:21:05 CET 2013

I was looking for some link introducing the way FP/ Haskell handles
errors and Exceptions.

This is for a non FP Guy, and ideally withought scaring them with
Monads and category theory :-).

for the background :

the guy said : As I mentioned in another thread in banking (in
particular) it is the exception processing that often dominates the
functionality of a system - as the core concept is generally very
straightforward. Developing for "exception handling" (not in a Java/C++
sense) is a tricky thing - as the exception don't necessarily shout
themselves out - and are often why we have large misunderstood legacy
systems which are hard to replace.