[Haskell-cafe] cabal install pandoc

Patrick Wheeler patrick.john.wheeler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:31:18 CET 2013

So I printed off the requirements for pandoc on a empty ghc-7.6.2 install
you can find it at:
http://hpaste.org/84794

I do not see any odd package versions listed in what you posted so far.

No promise I will be able to help afterwards but it might help to see the
full log, and then again with verbosity turned on. So seperate pastes for:

* `cabal install pandoc --dry-run`
* `cabal install pandoc --dry-run --verbose=2`
* `cabal install pandoc --dry-run --verbose=3`

You might also want to run a `ghc-pkg check` to check to see if your
packages are consistent/unbroken.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Roger Mason <rmason at mun.ca> wrote:

> hello,
>

> On 03/28/2013 04:11 PM, Mark Fredrickson wrote:
>
>> To side step the issue, Pandoc is available via the ArchHaskell repos
>> (package name `haskell-pandoc`):
>>
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/**index.php/Haskell_package_**guidelines<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Haskell_package_guidelines>
>>
>> -M
>>

> Yes, I know.  I wanted to avoid having a mixture of packages installed by
> pacman and others (not available in the repo) installed using cabal.
>

> Thanks,
> Roger
>
> This electronic communication is governed by the terms and conditions at
> http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/**electronic_communications_**
> disclaimer_2012.php<http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2012.php>

Patrick Wheeler
Patrick.John.Wheeler at gmail.com