[Haskell-cafe] introducing Maybe at managing level

Luc TAESCH luc.taesch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:02:43 CET 2013

Thanks John.

I was indeed thinking to Maybe and the monad bindings,
and  LYAH, or http://book.realworldhaskell.org/read/error-handling.html

the problems is I cannot uses these links in isolation ( to a Non haskellers) because they mention Monads, Lazyness, Algebric types, all this vocabularies that side track a beginner, ( or a manager ;-)

then all I want to show is the generic concept ( powerpoint level)
of how a forest of (non core) case can be streamlined in one major case ( the good outcome) , and all the rest ( exceptions in a non technical sense) are catched by the maybe monad, without sidetracking the readability of the code .

I saw this somewhere on the blogosphere, but cannot remember where..

this is management level, and this is even worse than beginners techies, because they derails very quickly when talking "details"

Luc
be.linkedin.com/in/luctaesch/ (http://be.linkedin.com/in/luctaesch/)
Envoyé avec Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)