[Haskell-cafe] introducing Maybe at managing level

David Virebayre dav.vire+haskell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:14:16 CET 2013

The link to LYAH that John provided,
http://learnyouahaskell.com/making-our-own-types-and-typeclasses ,
doesn't mention monad at all.

Laziness is mentionned only once while explaining recursive types, but
you could omit that line.

Now Algebraic is mentionned 6 times, but if you're afraid it might
scare someone, why not replace it by 'Haskell' ( thus, Algebraic data
type becomes Haskell data type, for the purpose of your introduction )