[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANN: psqueue-benchmarks - benchmarks of priority queue implementations

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 19:35:42 CET 2013

I had a 5 second look at the PSQueue implementation and here's what I got
so far:

 * fromList should use foldl'.
 * LTree should be spine strict (i.e. strict in the (LTree k p) fields).
 * Winner should be strict in the (LTree k p) field and probably in all
other fields as well.

This is a nice example showing that strict fields is the right default. If
fields need to be lazy there should ideally be a comment explaining why
that is needed (e.g. in the case of finger trees and lists).