[Haskell-cafe] [haskell.org Google Summer of Code 2013] Approved Projects
ekmett at gmail.com
Tue May 28 05:15:01 CEST 2013
We've worked our way through the project approval process for another year.
This year we accepted 9 projects for haskell.org in general and are hosting
2 additional projects for darcs as an umbrella organization.
* Parallelise 'cabal build' by Mikhail Glushenkov, mentored by Johan Tibell
* Extending GHC to support building modules in parallel by Patrick Palka,
mentored by Thomas Schilling
* Communicating with mobile devices by Marcos Pividori, mentored by Michael
* Improve Haddock Markup and Capabilities by Fūzetsu, mentored by Simon
* Haskell Qt Binding Generator by Zhengliang Feng, mentored by Carter
Schonwald with help from Ian-Woo Kim
* Improve the feedback of the cabal-install dependency solver by Martin
Ruderer, mentored by Andres Löh
* Interactive-diagrams and a paste site with the ability for dynamic
rendering of diagrams by Dan Frumin, mentored by Luite Stegeman
* Overloaded record fields for GHC by Adam Gundry, mentored by Simon
* Port Charts to use Diagrams by Jan Bracker, mentored by Tim Docker
* Better record command for darcs by José Neder, mentored by Gillaume
* Enhancing Darcsden by BSRK Aditya, mentored by Ganesh Sittampalam
Students have from now through Jun 16th to get up to speed and get to know
And while the summer of code officially starts on Jun 17th, keep in mind
that the mid-term evaluations aren't that much farther behind, starting
July 29th, so you'll want to hit the ground running.
If you put in a project proposal and it wasn't accepted and/or you would
like feedback, please feel free to email me or contact me on the
#haskell-gsoc channel on irc.freenode.net. We received more proposals than
slots this year, and so we were forced to make a few hard decisions.
Shachaf Ben-Kiki is helping out as this year's backup administrator and he
should also be able to help out with administrivia or questions as well.
I'd like to thank everyone for participating in the selection process and I
think we can look forward to another excellent summer of code!
haskell.org Google Summer of Code Administrator
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe