[Haskell-cafe] SSL support for hackage and cabal

Eli Frey eli.lee.frey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 19:25:18 UTC 2013

Hello all,

It recently came to my attention that hackage is http only.  I would love
to do anything I can to help hackage support https. What is the process for
volunteering with the IHG (I imagine this is the avenue for helping with
hackage/haskell.org).

If the IHG is having dificulty getting an SSL certificate, GlobalSign (ful
disclosure, they are my employer) provides free certificates to FOSS
projects.

here is a link: https://www.globalsign.com/ssl/ssl-open-source/

I am also concerned that cabal does not have support for SSL, but hackage
must come first and at least then a sufficiently paranoid person can
download their packages over https and ad them to their cabal sandboxes.

Cheers,
Eli