[Haskell-cafe] off-topic question: why invent new Haskell-like compile-to-js functional languages when we have awesome js_of_ocaml ?

Patrick Mylund Nielsen haskell at patrickmylund.com
Wed Nov 13 20:22:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Ömer Sinan Ağacan <omeragacan at gmail.com>wrote:

> Anyone tried this same test on GHCJS?

I'm definitely interested in seeing the same, but for a recent version of
GHCJS, too.

Personally, I think Fay is great, size- and API-wise for when what you're
making is a "script." When you're making a big/real application, I prefer a
more complete API, and I find that the initial payload size is negligible
in these cases.