[Haskell-cafe] IDE

Schell Scivally efsubenovex at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 18:20:49 UTC 2013

Edgar, for tags I use ctags (exuberant) with the following tag file:

--langdef=haskell
--langmap=haskell:.hs
--regex-haskell=/^module[ \s]([a-zA-Z0-9]*)[ \s]where/\1/m,module/
--regex-haskell=/^import[ \s](.*)/\1/i,import/
--regex-haskell=/^class[ \s](.*)where/\1/t,typeclasses/
--regex-haskell=/^instance[ \s](.*)where/\1/c,classes/
--regex-haskell=/^data[ \s]([a-zA-Z0-9]*)[ \s]/\1/d,data/
--regex-haskell=/^([ \sa-zA-Z0-9]*)[ \s]::[ \s](.*)$/\1/f,functions/

And then using tagbar I customize my .vimrc with:

" TagBar
nmap <Leader>tb :TagbarOpenAutoClose<CR>

let g:tagbar_type_haskell = {
    \ 'ctagstype' : 'Haskell',
    \ 'kinds' : [
        \ 'm:module',
        \ 'i:import',
        \ 'd:data',
        \ 't:typeclasses',
        \ 'c:instances',
        \ 'f:functions',
    \ ]
\ }

It could probably be improved but it works well enough to jump around to
symbols.

Schell Scivally
http://blog.efnx.com
http://github.com/schell