[Haskell-cafe] free vs. operational vs. free-operational

Alejandro Serrano Mena trupill at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 07:53:23 UTC 2013

Thanks for both the pointers and the discussion about extensible-effects. I
had some time yesterday to look at the paper itself, and I found it really
useful and clean.

Even though, I still think that porting more monad transformers into
extensible-effects could help the latter being used more widely. Right now
MTL provides Reader, Writer, State, Cont, Error, RWS; and we have packages
for random numbers, or monad-supply for a supply of unique values. I would
be willing to use extensible-effects if I knew that I can do all of that
within the framework. I still see the possibility of having a nice weekend
projects in Haskell :)

By the way, I'm also interested in knowing if extensible-effects have some
relation to MonadPlus or Applicative in any way.

Thanks again for the answers! I really liked the ideas!