[Haskell-cafe] GHC API + Cabal API + Cabal version checks: is there a way out?

JP Moresmau jpmoresmau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 16:52:16 CEST 2013

Interesting: in the ghc-devs discussion, Duncan talks about a cabal-lib and
a cabal-build-simple split (
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2013-March/000821.html). That
would solve my problem nicely (GHC could depend on cabal-lib only, that
wouldn't have to change as often as cabal-build-simple). I don't see a
trace of that split in 1.18, anybody knows if it's still on the map?
And thanks everybody for the contributions, it looks I'm not the only one
that had thought about that issue...

JP

--
JP Moresmau