[Haskell-cafe] OS X ghci problem

Jan-Philip Loos maxdaten at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 21:00:35 CEST 2013

> What I do for GLFW is use a dylib, then you don't rely on GHCi's static-ish linker.
> The only wrinkle is figuring out where you want the dylib.
> I think homebrew will put one in /usr/local/lib, which works out nicely, but they don't have GLFW 3 yet.
> Another option is to build the dylib yourself from the GLFW source bundled with the GLFW-b package, then tell cabal where to find it.

Hi,
for me the problem relocates now to the "bindings-glfw" package, since
the native bindings moved to this package and are wrapped up with
"glfw-b".

My way to the same exception already mentioned by Brian Lewis:
1) > cabal install bindings-glfw
2) > ghci
3) ghci> :m Bindings.GLFW
4) ghci> Bindings.GLFW.c'glfwInit
5) ghci terminates with exception: *** Terminating app due to uncaught
exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[NSAutoreleasePool
init]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fc443c01b30'

Anthony Cowley mentioned to use ghci with GLFW as a dylib, I have no
clue how to do this. I built the according glfw version on my own as a
dylib and loaded ghci with it explicitly, this didn't help. I guess
the compiled bindings-glfw is already statically packed up.

How can I get ghci to use the native glfw dylib in combination with
bindings-glfw? If I have to compile bindings-glfw with different
settings, which settings? I have some oversight over haskell but no
really deep knowledge according to bindings and lib-loading of ghci,
but I'm willing to learn it ;)

My Platform:
- OSX 10.8.5
- ghc(i) 7.6.3