[Haskell-cafe] OS X ghci problem

Christiaan Baaij christiaan.baaij at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 14:24:51 CEST 2013

Hi,

I saw the same issue/crash on my machine using ghc 7.6.3.

I just build a "perf" build of GHC-head with
"85a9e2468dc74b9e5ccde0dd61be86219fd323a2" as the latest commit.

Now running, I get:
1) > cabal install bindings-glfw
2) > ghci
3) ghci> :m Bindings.GLFW
4) ghci> Bindings.GLFW.c'glfwInit
5) ghci> 1

And doing:
1.) > cabal install GLFW-b
2.) > ghci -package GLFW-b
3.) ghci> import Graphics.UI.GLFW as GLFW
4.) ghci> GLFW.init
5.) ghci> True

My platform:
- OSX 10.8.4
- ghc(i) 7.7.20130915
- cabal 1.18.0.1 (using 1.18.0 of the Cabal library)
- xcode cltools 4.6.2

So it seems that the new ghci linking infrastructure fixes things

Cheers,

Christiaan