[Haskell-cafe] An APL library for Haskell

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 18:43:09 CEST 2013

Hey All,

As Dan Peebles remarks, Repa and similar libs give a great haskelly
vocabulary for this. Indeed, most of the examples in the wiki page are very
much expressible with the REPA data model.

I'd like to take this opportunity note that I'll be releasing a prototype
library for numerical arrays / numerical computation / etc that draws from
Repa and adds some ideas i've developed over the past year, later this
month. (yes and the core stuff will be bsd3)

barring irresolvable design flaws, i'm very much committed to building
tools in this space that hopefully can see widespread adoption (and use) by
the community.

I'm pretty buried with some other matters for the next week or so, but I
hope to get that preview out at the end of the month. stay tuned ;)
-Carter