[Haskell-cafe] Hackage 2 switchover imminent

Duncan Coutts duncan at well-typed.com
Wed Sep 25 04:38:46 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

Having been running the Hackage 2 alpha & beta for several months we
intend to do the final switchover tomorrow (Wednesday 25th Sept).

This will involve disabling uploads to the old server for a few hours.
If all goes well we will switch the DNS over. If anything goes wrong
we will just re-enable the old server.

After the switch, everyone with a hackage account will need to do a
one-time self-service account upgrade. A small handful of hackage
early adopters will need assistance from an administrator to upgrade
their accounts. We will email these people individually with
instructions.

If you wish to help or keep an eye on the switchover process then you
are welcome to join us on the #hackage IRC channel on Freenode.

If you run into problems after the switch there are site
administrators you can contact and there is an issue tracker. Please
report bugs in the site issue tracker:

https://github.com/haskell/hackage-server/issues

For issues with accounts or permissions please contact the
administrators by email at admins at hackage.haskell.org

--
Duncan Coutts, Haskell Consultant