[Haskell-cafe] Haddock - How to write formulas ?

Peter Caspers pcaspers1973 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 18:49:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am still very new to Haskell, trying to start my very first project.
For its documentation I want to use Haddock and suitable comments in
the source code.

I notice that (e.g. different from doxygen) there is no direct way of
writing formulas, say in TeX style. Looking into some projects on
Hackage, formulas there
seem to be written in "pseudo-code" more or less like TeX but not
following any strict standard. As far as I can see.

What would be your recommendations concerning this ? Is there some
guideline on how to include formulas ? I understand that there is
"literal programming"
where you can e.g. write a TeX article with embedded code blocks that
can be extracted for the compiler. However, I do not want to follow
this path, also the
result is a bit different from what is produced in the "traditional"
approach, isn't it.

Thanks a lot
Peter