[Haskell-cafe] Drop or update the upper bounds of numerals and numerals-base

Nikita Karetnikov nikita at karetnikov.org
Wed Jan 8 20:12:58 UTC 2014

> The page http://hackage.haskell.org/package/numerals lists the issue
> tracker and maintainer's email. Have you tried those?

I don’t use GitHub.  Anyway, the tracker shows five open issues from
2012.  And the latest commit was pushed on July 16, 2012.

When I sent the previous message, I CC’d the maintainer.  Apologies for
the noise, but my emails to Gmail users usually end up in spam. I wanted
to make sure that someone with the right permissions would see my
message.

How long should I wait before I can do the required work myself?

> Also, as a quick workaround, Cabal's master branch has the option
> '--allow-newer'.

Thanks for letting me know, but I can’t expect that the users of my
package would have that version installed.