[Haskell-cafe] confusion about cabal-install install

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun May 11 14:08:10 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> wrote:

> This problem is specific to bash, I believe.

Yes, it's only specific to the shell that 99%+ of users use. I guess to you
that means it's sufficiently irrelevant that you need to publicly dispute
it?

Seriously, don't make assumptions, get out of the habit of using something
that may or may not work and don't spread those habits to people who don't
know any better. "type" is specified by POSIX and required to show what the
current shell will do. Use it.