FDs and confluence

isaac jones ijones at galois.com
Tue Apr 11 02:07:33 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 14:39 +0100, Claus Reinke wrote:
> > (see the FunctionalDependencies page for background omitted here)
>
> which seems to ignore much of the discussion of confluence we had
> here some weeks ago? I thought this list was for communication with
> the committee, and since the ticket exists, I had been hoping that the
> type class subcommittee would ensure that the wiki would be updated.
> but it seems I have been talking to myself..

Each topic has a ticket that can be edited by anyone as described here:
http://haskell.galois.com/trac/haskell-prime/wiki/CreateProposal

Please take advantage of that to capture data (consensus, pros & cons)
about your topic.  It is not easy to boil down pages and pages of
discussion into a coherent document.  Please help to do that work!
Here's the ticket relating to functional dependencies.

http://haskell.galois.com/cgi-bin/haskell-prime/trac.cgi/ticket/36

Here are some guidelines from the wiki:

The wiki and Tickets:
No Discussion on the Wiki! Keep discussion on the mailing list and use
the wiki to document consensus and pros & cons. It is just fine to have
conflicting points of view in a ticket or on the wiki, but no
back-and-forth discussion (use the mailing list for that). Create "pros"
and "cons" sections in the ticket/wik.

For Tickets:
For tickets, use EDIT rather than adding "comments". Link this ticket
with wiki pages or other tickets which are related, or for which this is
a counter-proposal.

peace,

  isaac