concurrency guarentees clarification

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho antti-juhani at kaijanaho.info
Tue Apr 25 04:01:18 EDT 2006

John Meacham wrote:
> * every runnable thread is guarenteed to run in a finite amount of time if a
>   program reaches a yield-point infinitly often.

What happens if one of the thread ends up in an infinite loop that
contains a yield point?

"Infinitely often" is unclear (I think I know what you're trying to say,
but this is because I think I know what you're trying to say overall,
and not because of these words).  I'd say something like "if, after
hitting a yield point, the program hits another yield point in a finite
amount of time (the start of execution and program termination being
considered yield points for the purposes of this rule)".