Export lists in modules

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Tue Feb 21 15:59:17 EST 2006

Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang at jeltsch.net> writes:

> On the other hand, sometimes it makes sense to have a "mostly qualified"
> import.  For example, if you import Data.Set or Data.Map you might want only
> the type constructors to be imported unqualified and the rest to be imported
> qualified.

Personally, I would greatly prefer to have libraries that do not clash
with common Prelude functions.  I find it quite annoying to always
have to import these modules twice, and still have to qualify many
uses.

If you always have to qualify it, what's the advantage of
Data.Set.empty over emptySet again?  At least with 'emptySet' I know
what to grep for.

-k