New syntax

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Tue Feb 21 16:10:13 EST 2006

Ketil Malde <ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no> writes:

> Personally, I would greatly prefer to have libraries that do not clash
> with common Prelude functions.

Slightly related in spirit:

Often additions to the language tends to change the meaning of
existing programs:  Implicit parameters broke programs using ? as an
infix operator, Template Haskell breaks expressions with $, the
proposed labelling scheme will (in all probability) break #.

Perhaps this is unavoidable -  there are only so many symbols in
ASCII, and perhaps it is just too convenient to reuse them.  (Perhaps
it would be better to always require whitespace after symbolic infix
operators?)

-k