Array interface refactoring

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 07:26:56 EST 2006

Hello Simon,

>> We could fix it fairly easily, we just need to get rid of HasBounds
>> as a superclass of MArray and add a new method 'getBounds' that
>> returns the bounds in the monad and then modify the default methods
>> to use getBounds rather than bounds.  since they are all already in
>> the monad this will work just fine.
>>
>> it would be almost perfectly backwards compatable, the only change
>> would be some code might need to list HasBounds in their type
>> signatures seperatly. If we can get this in before the next release
>> of ghc that would be really great.

SM> I've added a ticket, scheduled for 6.6.

i just want to mention that current implementation is faster than this
general one and enough for most of usages. so it will be great to make
more general interface but use old implementation. then anyone who
implemented resizable arrays will get possibility to make them an
instance of MArray class.

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com