Strictness standardization/description

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Thu Mar 9 19:26:23 EST 2006

which reminds me:

    - Patrik Jansson, while chasing bottoms, found some nice examples of
        not-nice-at-all interactions of strictness and the pattern-matching
        translation; I don't recall the details, but I do recall that I was not
        all that happy that those equations and not-equations were really
        what the report implied they should be. there are a few examples
        on slide 3 of this talk:

        http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~patrikj/talks/refactoringworkshop040209.pdf

    - the Programatica project has a Haskell-in-Haskell implementation,
        which apart from a possible candidate for such a library, prompted
        many investigations into the oddities of Haskell 98, strictness
        aspects of pattern matching amongst them, iirc; I think Bill Harrison
        was involved in most of those papers:

        http://www.cs.missouri.edu/~harrison/publications.html

have I just misssed it, or has neither been discussed yet on this list?

I do hope that the committee is soliciting input from all such investigations
that may be relevant for this revision, even if the authors themselves do
not put their results forward again. but among all the items on the main
haskell prime page, I cannot find the obvious one: a collection of links
and references relevant to the process (there are many links scattered
all over the wiki/ticket tracker/mailing list archives, but is there an
organised collection?).

cheers,
claus