important news: refocusing discussion

isaac jones ijones at galois.com
Tue Mar 21 18:51:25 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 15:27 -0800, Ashley Yakeley wrote:
> isaac jones wrote:
>
> > The topics that John and I feel are critical, and rather unsolved,
> > are:
> >  * The class system (MPTC Dilemma, etc)
> >  * Concurrency
> >  * (One more, perhaps standard libraries)
>
> Could you summarise the current state of these?

AFAIK, the class system is summarized on this page:
http://haskell.galois.com/cgi-bin/haskell-prime/trac.cgi/wiki/MultiParamTypeClassesDilemma

Although there are some proposals here that are not really covered by
that topic, they should probably be considered together:
http://haskell.galois.com/cgi-bin/haskell-prime/trac.cgi/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=topic&component=Proposal&order=priority

Concurrency is summarized here:
http://haskell.galois.com/cgi-bin/haskell-prime/trac.cgi/wiki/Concurrency

and libraries have not really been discussed much at all.

peace,

  isaac

--
isaac jones <ijones at galois.com>