Proposal for stand-alone deriving declarations?

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 13:58:47 EDT 2006

Hello,
A question about the syntax:  would there be a problem if we made the
'deriving' declaration look like an instance?  Then we would not need
the special identifier 'for', and also we have a more standard looking
notation.  I am thinking something like:
deriving Show SomeType
deriving Eq (AnotherType a)
-Iavor