writing / status teams - call for volunteers

Andres Loeh loeh at iai.uni-bonn.de
Thu Sep 28 03:01:10 EDT 2006

> Would anyone else like to volunteer to write a section of the report for
> specific proposals below?
>
> > In
> > ==
> >
> > #74: add some kind of concurrency: SM, HN, IJ
> > #35: add ForeignFunctionInterface: MC, SM
> > #49: add multi parameter type classes: MS
> > #60: add RankNTypes or Rank2Types: AL
> > #57: add polymorphic components: AL
> > #26: add ExistentialQuantification (existential components): AL, MS, SJT
> > #24: add HierarchicalModules: BH, IJ
> > #25: add EmptyDataDeclarations: BH, HN
> > #23: fix common pitfall with the do-notation and if-then-else: SM, HN,
> > #42: fix comment syntax grammar: SM
> > #56: add Pattern Guards: :(
> > #78: Add infix type constructors: BH, AL
> > Help w/ libraries (yay!): IJ, BH, SM, RP, DS

I would like to start writing a new section on the syntax of data type
declarations. All the proposals I've put my name on are somewhat related
to this area, most of all "existential quantification" and "infix type
constructors".

Have we already discussed how we produce new text for the report? Is this
supposed to be all on the Wiki, or are we going to modify the TeX sources
of the Haskell-98 report? Is the plan to keep the general style and structure
of the Haskell-98 report, or are we going to rewrite and restructure the
whole report?

Cheers,
  Andres