pattern guards: recent changes to draft haskell prime report

isaac jones ijones at galois.com
Fri Jan 12 20:08:20 EST 2007

Greetings!

We've been working to add pattern guards to the Haskell' report, and
doing some cleanup work on the repository. Not all of the emails are
making it to the list, sadly, but here's a list of recent changes from
the report.

You can view the report itself here (I couldn't think of a good place to
put it):
http://hackage.haskell.org/~ijones/haskell-prime-report/report/haskell98-report-html/

peace,

  isaac

        Fri Jan 12 16:32:28 PST 2007  iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
          * moved rules for guards in a separate figure because the old
        figure
        didn't fit on a page

        Fri Jan 12 16:21:46 PST 2007  iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
          * fixed rule (g) of pattern semantics to avoid duplicating the
        evaluation of e'

        Fri Jan 12 16:13:50 PST 2007  iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
          * added rules for pattern guards to the formal semantics of
        case

        Fri Jan 12 14:53:30 PST 2007  iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
          * gneralized function bindings to support pattern guards, not
        just
        boolean guards

        Thu Jan 11 16:59:30 PST 2007  ijones at syntaxpolice.org
          * reworking the informal explanation of pattern gaurds
          Modified the syntax again to talk about "guards" (which are
        pattern
        guards,
          boolean guards, and let expressions) .  Moved the "Pattern
        guards"
        section
          I created before into the Case Expressions section.

        Thu Jan 11 15:51:14 PST 2007  ijones at syntaxpolice.org
          * update pattern binding translation for pattern guards (with
        Iavor's
        help!)

        Mon Jan  8 10:21:14 PST 2007  Andres Loeh <mail at andres-loeh.de>
          * turn macro into function -- makes it work with newer flex
        versions

        Mon Jan  8 09:50:40 PST 2007  Andres Loeh <mail at andres-loeh.de>
          * don't include extension in \includegraphics (to make
        compatible with
        pdflatex)

        Mon Jan  8 09:20:29 PST 2007  Andres Loeh <mail at andres-loeh.de>
          * typo: change \r to \tr