patch applied (haskell-prime-status): add ""Make $ left associative, like application"

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 18:21:26 EDT 2008

> I'm very suspicious about the power/weight ratio of this change.
>  Normally, for simple value-level stuff like this, provide both options:
>
>     mapM / forM. =<< >>=
>
>  So how about, rather than break things, just provide an alternative to ($).

Alright, I'm not sure what the proper channel for doing this is, but I
reckon here is as good as anywhere. I would like to propose that the
Haskell' Prelude includes the function

f $$ x = f x

with the same fixity level as $ (presumably 0) but being left
associative instead. And that $ is left as is.

Cheers,

/Niklas