Haskell 2010: libraries

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Tue Jul 14 10:04:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 07:48:36AM +0100, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:

> I don't have any strong opinion about whether there should be a library
> standard or not, but if there is a standard, how about putting the
> entire thing (perhaps including the Prelude) under the prefix
> Haskell2010. or similar? Most of it could be implemented by just
> re-exporting things from the "real" libraries.

That would be OK with me, although I still think it would be easier for
us to disentangle the library standardisation effort from the language
standardisation effort.

I'd suggest

    Haskell.V2010.Data.List (just re-exports from V2011 where possible)
    Haskell.V2010.Prelude   (just re-exports from V2011 where possible)
    Haskell.V2011.Data.List
    Haskell.V2011.Prelude

with the implicit Prelude import being changed to
    Haskell.V<version>.Prelude
where <version> is that latest the compiler supports, unless you say
e.g. -XHaskell2010.

Thanks
Ian