Is it time to start deprecating FunDeps?

AntC anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz
Wed May 1 11:13:44 CEST 2013

> Martin Sulzmann <martin.sulzmann at ...> writes:
>
> (1) There's a mechanical way to translate FD programs with
> non-overlapping instances to TF (and of course vice versa).

Martin, no! no! no! You have completely mis-understood.

I do _not_ _not_ _not_ want to replace FD's with TF's.

I want to replace FD's with Equality Constraints. And that's exactly
because I want to use overlapping.

(You've also failed to understand that the Sum example is for doing Peano
Arith. See the solution I've just posted.)