ICQ on Haskell?

Haoran Un haoran@student.unsw.edu.au
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:36:15 +1000

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had written (or atempted to write) ICQ in
Haskell?

My honours thesis project is extending Manuel Chakravarty's GTK+HS by
placing a more functionally-friendly wrapper over the top - iHaskell.
(see: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/gtk/#iHaskell
and http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~haoranun/ihaskell/)

Anyway, in an attempt to have a real-world application written with
iHaskell, I thought I'd write yet another ICQ clone, but in Haskell.

As the point of the project is to have a nice GUI, I was wondering if
anyone had the underlying networking code written that I could
perchance appropriate and use for my program.

Even half-written but documented code could be useful, and I'd like o
see what people have.

All of the stuffed would be GPLed, and you'd get your name in the
credit (for whatever immortality that's worth).

Thanks,

Haoran
  'Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the
Law?'
   Jesus replied: '`Love the Lord your God with all
your heart and with all your soul and with all your
mind.'
This is the first and greatest commandment. And the
second is like it: `Love your neighbor as yourself''
       - Matthew 22:36-39