Announce: Hugs Graphics Library
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:14:42 -0800
We are pleased to announce a new release of the Hugs Graphics Library,
version 2.0.4. The Hugs Graphics Library gives the programmer access
to the most interesting and portable parts of the Win32 and X11 library.
The library is distributed as open source and is suitable for use in
teaching and applications.
This version is compatible with the December 2001 release of Hugs, but
won't work with the February 2001 release.
This version supports:
* filled and unfilled 2-dimensional objects (text, lines, polygons,
* Bitmaps (Win32 version only, for now).
* Control over text alignment, fonts, color.
* Simple input events (keyboard, mouse, window resize) to support
* Timers and double-buffering to support simple animation.
* Use of concurrency to avoid the usual inversion of the code
associated with event-loop programming.
* Multiple windows may be handled at one time.
To keep the library simple and portable, the library makes no attempt to
* User interface widgets (menus, toolbars, dialog boxes, etc.)
* Palette manipulation and other advanced features.
* Many kinds of input event.
The library can be downloaded from: http://www.haskell.org/graphics/.
Installation instructions are in graphics-2.0.4/Install.
Bug reports should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org