ANNOUNCE: O'Hugs 0.5
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:58:09 -0800
I'm pleased to announce the release of
O'Hugs 0.5 -- the O'Haskell interpreter.
O'Haskell is an object-oriented extension to Haskell, offering
monadic reactive objects and polymorphic subtyping in addition to
the Haskell core. O'Hugs is an implementation for this language.
New features in O'Hugs 0.5 include:
- A more refined interface to Tk, including support for the
optional Tk extension Tix.
- Support for network programming via TCP and UDP.
- Much improved library documentation.
- Local universal quantification in records.
- Local existential quantification in datatypes.
- Templates with automatic instantiation of local sub-objects.
- Overloading using smallest supertypes for contravariant type
- Recursive generator syntax.
- Macintosh and Windows binaries.
- Several bug-fixes.
For more information and dowload options, please visit
Bug reports and comments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please don't confuse this release with today's concurrent release
of a new beta version of Hugs98!