Knight Problem

Lars Henrik Mathiesen [email protected]
2 Feb 2001 00:05:01 -0000

> From: "Christoph M." <[email protected]>
> Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:15:53 +0100

> Does anybody know how to solve the "Knight Problem" ?

If you mean the Knight's Tour problem, the answer is yes.

I coded up a version as an independent study back in grade 12 (1977)
--- in COMAL on a Norsk Data machine. Even when displaying character
graphics to show each partial solution, it only took a few hours to
get to the first solution.

So the Haskell program for your assignment should probably run in less
than 100 milliseconds to match that.

Lars Mathiesen (U of Copenhagen CS Dep) <[email protected]> (Humour NOT marked)