ANNOUNCE: Hugs98 Feb 2001
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:22:47 -0800
__ __ __ __ ____ ___
|| || || || || || ||__
||___|| ||__|| ||__|| __||
|| || Version: Feb 2001
I'm pleased to announce the availability of a new release of Hugs98.
This is a major release that incorporates bug fixes as well as several
new features and enhancements that have been developed for Hugs over
the last year. It is announced with the intentions that it will remain
a stable and lightweight implementation of Haskell 98 + extensions
for some considerable time.
A list of the most important new features looks as follows:
- A Foreign Function Interface closely modelled after the one
provided by GHC.
- Built-in, Hood-like debugging support.
- Parallel list comprehensions, a.k.a. zip-comprehensions.
- A new syntax for recursive monad bindings.
- A new GUI under Windows that doesn't consume all CPU time.
- Support for the MacOS platform integrated into the main
- Corrections of all bugs reported for the January 2001 beta
See the release notes in the "docs" directory of the distribution
for more information on the new language features.
Send email to [email protected] to join the hugs-users
mailing list. Bug reports should be sent to [email protected]
Send email to [email protected] to subscribe to the
The home page and download site for Hugs is at